[Zope] GUF and userList problems

Mabe, Brad BRADLEY.D.MABE@saic.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:42:23 -0400

Greetings,
I am having problems with GUF authentication after including a call to a sql
method from within the GUF supplied userList method.  I have GUF installed
correctly, and able to authenticate from a static list of users I created in
the userList method. When I attempt to call a sql method from within
userList, all authentications fail.  Even for the list of static users.

My sql method, "SQL_get_users", is very simple:
select user_account from user

My modified userList Method is as follows:
<dtml-in SQL_get_users>
<dtml-var user_account>
</dtml-in>
jorge
fred
mongo

I have verified that the sql method returns users by selecting the
"User_list" tab from within the acl_users folder. I have tried numerous
things, but I cannot get any of the users to authenticate after adding the
<dtml-in> statement.  If I comment out the <dtml-in> statement, the users
jorge, fred, and mongo can once again authenticate.  At first I thought
maybe one of the sql method supplied users was conflicting with either
jorge, fred, or mongo in some way so I took out the <dtml-var user_account>
line, essentially calling the sql method but not returning anything from it.
Still couldn't authenticate anyone.

Has anyone been successful in getting GUF userList to work with a sql
method?  I have read through hippys how-to and think I have done everything
he has suggested.

Systems specifics are:
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 server, service pack 5
Zope version 2.1.6
GUF version 1.2.2
Microsoft Access 2000

Any help at this point will be appreciated.  I'm really pulling my hair out
over this.

       -=Brad=-