[Zope] Re: [ZDP] Re: [Zope] The agony of the ZOPE Documentation

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 21:47:41 +0100

Jason Cunliffe wrote:

> > I reckon there's about 25 man weeks of work to do based on 5 people
> > spending:
> > -1 week to build the tools
> > -1 week to plan the structure of the documentation
> > -3 weeks to get ALL the Zope documentation linked in one place (which is
> > what zdp is supposed to be...)
> >
> > So, has anyone got the cash? ;-)
>
> Well I have asked a few times before, before but never a reply.. so I will
> ask again:
>
> How much would it cost? (U$?)

Based on the above figures, and assuming £500/day/person, it comes out
as:

£62,500 (roughly $100,000)

> Perhaps you have no time but some money..

Personally, I have neither ;-)

> resources to go round. And money might really help out here...

I agree, I would love to do it, and I'm sure my employer wouldn't mind
if someone else was footing the bill ;-)

> It seems like rather a catch-22 [or is that a zope-22] :  until the docs are
> in better shape, it is so much harder for more people to contribute usefully
> because it is so easy to get lost again..

I agree :-)

> ZDPLINE.COM ??

$ whois zdpline.com

Whois Server Version 1.1

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

No match for "ZDPLINE.COM".

Well, the name is there... ;-)