[Zope] Site search

Nolan Darilek nolan_d@bigfoot.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 18:13:44 -0500

I followed the helpful instructions in the Z Catalog tutorial
concerning adding searching to my site, and it works, though not in
the way that I'd like. I've added the raw field to the list of
searched indices, and chosen to only index DTML documents. Yet, all of
my searches seem to be case sensitive, and they all seem to be 'and'
searches. I'm not particularly interested in supporting boolean
keywords, but since my site isn't that large, it might make more sense
to treat searches as 'or' searches by default.

How difficult is it to implement case insensitive searches in this
manner?

Also, I've noticed that DTML documents don't appear to automatically
add themselves to the Z catalog. My understanding is that all Z
catalog-aware classes automatically notify the catalog when they are
created; are DTML documents and methods not catalog-aware?

Thanks.