[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] ANN: Perl For Zope

Heiko Stoermer Heiko Stoermer <heiko.stoermer@innominate.de>
Thu, 25 May 2000 09:43:32 +0200

Zopistas,

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Digital Creations, creators of the Open Source Zope application server,
> announced today that it is teaming with ActiveState, a leading provider
> of
> Internet programming software, to make Perl a scripting language for
> Zope.
> [...]
> --Paul
>
> Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
> paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909

What do you think about this?

All I can say for myself is this:
I know several people - myself included - who moved from perl to
python/java/c++ for many very good reasons.

What are the benefits?
- being able to use DBI when I have Zope Database connectors?
- finally having people doing obfuscated perl contests again in their
products, when I was just glad to having gotten rid of all this?

This has so many implications... I'm getting dizzy...have to get a
coffee right now.

Greetings,
Heiko

--