[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

Ragnar Beer rbeer@uni-goettingen.de
Thu, 25 May 2000 11:39:40 +0200

I guess that many of us - like me - have come to Zope and Python
after some experience with Perl. I'm really glad I learned Python
after programming in Perl, C, R, Lisp, Pascal, Forth, Basic and
Assembler. Python nowadays clearly is my favorite and Perl is located
on the other end together with assembler.
Python helps me writing structured programms and I am able to read my
code after a while even if I didn't always take enough time to add
comments.
On the other hand I still have my TPJ subscription and I don't mind
if it is _possible_ to use external perl functions as long as I don't
_have_to_.
A really horrible vision for me would be if Zope itself or parts of
it were rewritten in Perl... arghh!

--Ragnar