[Zope] Zope Email (syndication)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 18:55:30 +0100

"Dan L. Pierson" wrote:
> The perfect solution involves a mailing list server integrated with
> Zope, e.g. ZMailman.  This would probably also provide mailing list
> archives integrated with Zope and ZCatalog and easy integration of
> mailing list and PTK/Squishdot discussion traffic.  This has been
> talked about before.  IMHO, a *lot* of people would like to see it,
> including some of the Mailman developers, but no one has the time to
> do it.

Check out:
http://www.zope.org/Members/mindlace/MailZopeMan

I like these ideas a lot, but I'd prefer to see the low-level email
integration done seperately, so it can be used for other things.

My dream would be for Zope to pipe an email address to a specific
object/method without the need for any external mail servers or
scripts...

ZMailman could then very easily be built on top of this. However, if
ZMailman is built, I suspect it'd be difficult to use the core
functionality to do something else. What is the email equivalent of
Medusa? And can we 'borrow' it in the same way?

Any takers? ;-)

Chris