[Zope] Re: ZWiki Problems on Zope.org

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
25 May 2000 15:10:28 -0700

"Rik Hoekstra" <rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl> writes:
> I mailed you last week about changing the wiki_page_url method to
> absolute_url. I did some experimenting with the method this week,
> but found myself using things _very_ much like absolute_url
> (URL1+parents+currentobjectid). You mentioned using absolute_url
> would mean some types of acquisition couldn't be used. Would you
> explain this, as I can't seem to see why this would be so, as
> absolute_url _does_ use the current acquisition path.
>
> The use of absolute_url _did_ break the wiki_base_url, where I removed the
> quote from the return method.

Thanks Rik, I hope you don't mind me cc'ing the list.

I moved away from absolute_url so as to preserve acquisition paths
like those used in the zwiki_examples to implement different views of
a wiki. /structured/wiki, /plain/wiki, etc. where

/
  /wiki
  /structured
  /plain

This has caused problems in other areas, like virtual hosting. I don't
have a good fix at the moment. Anyone who is affected could try
replacing the code in wiki_page_url() & wiki_base_url() with a call to
absolute_url() to restore the behaviour of 0.5.

Regards,
Simon