[Zope] A new development model for Zope?

Paolo Bizzarri p.bizzarri@icube.it
Fri, 26 May 2000 16:50:00 +0200

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if Zope could not get a better development model.
 I will explain briefly.

Currently, Zope seems to have a model for major releases, in which bugs
are corrected and features (possibly large features) are added in each
new release. This model, IMHO, performs poorly on the stability and bug
fixing side.

My proposal is that Zope should go through a stable/development version,
in a similar way to the linux-kernel. New heavy features should be only
for the development Zope, whereas the stable Zope should receive only
the bugfixes and the (micro) new features. This should be of major
importance, because I would like to have Zope to increase stability on
normal versions, without any further feature that I do not need.

What do you think about it ?

Paolo

--
Paolo Bizzarri - Responsabile Marketing  I3 Icube Srl
Sede:   Via Ridolfi 15 - 56124 Pisa (PI), Italia