[Zope] A new development model for Zope?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Fri, 26 May 2000 13:39:51 -0600

Paolo Bizzarri wrote:

> Hi Zopers,
>
> > > My proposal is that Zope should go through a stable/development version,
> > > in a similar way to the linux-kernel. New heavy features should be only
> > > for the development Zope, whereas the stable Zope should receive only
> > > the bugfixes and the (micro) new features. This should be of major
> > > importance, because I would like to have Zope to increase stability on
> > > normal versions, without any further feature that I do not need.
> > >
> > > What do you think about it ?
> >
> > I think we see this proposal about every three months on average. ;-)
> >

> Well, perhaps I got my eyes too much closed... :=(

Fear not, I happen to like the proposal myself.

> > Personally, I would like to see a patch collector, for 'unofficial
> > patches'. Kind of like the ac patches for linux (and now the aa and who
> > knows who else is doing it now).
>
> Exactly. For example, here two simple patches that should be collected and
> posted toward 2.1.6:
>
>     - patch for renaming single objects (something I have seen in the new
> 2.2.0a version);
>
>     - patch for the REQUEST object problem
>
> What do you think about it ?

 Well, unless anyone has any serious objections (or DC can pull it off
soon), I can implement a site for this.

 On that note, I am now accepting suggestions and requests on it. ;-)

Bill Anderson