[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] ANN: Perl For Zope

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Sun, 28 May 2000 16:05:41 -0500

I would like to echo what Dieter wrote here.

We need to encourage people who write products or other extensions to
Zope in writing cleanly, clearly defined extensions which can be used in
a black box manner.

If each product had a management interface in which it's options could
be configured and it had a clear api. We could treat these as black
boxes regardless of implementation language.

This is true even for those of us who prefer Python. A Python product
written with disregard to the above can still be difficult and ugly to
use.

This would open up Zope as a platform for web development. If this is
DC's intent then this needs to written up on best practices or coding
standards for writing Zope products etc.

This would help tremendously when you have a clear separation between
user of a product and developer of a product.

Jimmie Houchin