[Zope] FW: trying to connect zope to m/s access 2000 d/b

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Mon, 29 May 2000 21:23:28 +0200

>am using windows 98 & have constructed a ms access 2000 db that i have been
>trying to connect to via zope. wasn't sure so i downloaded zodbc db
adapter.
>a couple of problems if my connection depends on this. 1st i add it to the
>top level of the zope installation but it is installed lower down & 2nd i
>require a id & password to connect to my zope applications so do i need to
>put in a connection string & if so where? at the moment the only db it is
>giving me access to is the gadfly demo. do i even need the zodbc adapter?
>thanks in advance. much appreciated
>michael

Um, Michael, one stupid question: did you create an odbc connection for your
database (in the control panel of your win98 machine)
No, two stupid questions: did you restart your Zope installation after
installing the ZODBCDA?

Rik