[Zope] newbie question: variables

Brad Moulton Brad Moulton" <brad@netarchitects.com.au
Tue, 30 May 2000 10:15:11 +1000

As I am new to both zope and python i am not quite sure how to phrase this
question so I'll explain my example hoping this helps.

I have created some simple zclasses to add,edit delete
customer,jobs,  product etc objects

I'd like to be able to store and use the "username"
captured in a simple login/password DTML method

let's say it is a customers name that i capture in the initial login screen.

How/where do I store this so that in some other methods i can retrieive its
value for use in iteration.
i.e. give me all the jobs for this customer only

apologies for the lack of clarity.

thanks to all who have contributed to zope

brad