[Zope] IRC clients

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Tue, 30 May 2000 13:56:53 -0500

I haven't been to an IRC chat in over 5 years so this is pretty new to
me. I also just built myself a new Linux machine for development and was
not familiar with any Linux IRC clients.

For those in a similar situation here is a little info on some
Linux/*nix IRC clients.

I think I'll try X-Chat as I use Gnome. We'll see. See y'all there
tomorrow.
By the way the links below came from Linuxberg.com aka Tucows. If you
click on one it should take you to a page to direct you to the closest
mirror.

Hope this helps.

Jimmie Houchin

IRCII (console client, most popular, full featured) 5 penguins
http://download.tucows.com/perl/linuxRegion.html?Target=/conhtml/preview/017-002-003-006C.html

X-Chat (according to the Gnome site, "X-Chat: the canonical GNOME IRC
client")
Can be compiled with or without Gnome.
4 penguins
Homepage for more info: http://xchat.linuxpower.org/
http://download.tucows.com/perl/linuxRegion.html?Target=/gnomehtml/preview/020-002-004-002C.html

YagIRC (GTK client, similar to mIRC) 5 penguins
http://download.tucows.com/perl/linuxRegion.html?Target=/x11html/preview/019-002-004-009C.html

kIRC (KDE client, similar to mIRC) 4 penguins
http://download.tucows.com/perl/linuxRegion.html?Target=/kdehtml/preview/021-002-004-002C.html