[Zope] how do I get field names from a query

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Wed, 31 May 2000 14:31:09 +1000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Adam Molyneaux wrote:

> how do I get the names of the fields returned from a SQL query ?
> ( I would like to generate stuff using the names automatically)
> I know they must be available because I can use them directly !
>
> I've tried lots of alternatives of the form
>
> <dtml-in "sqlListTable(table_name='personnel')">
>    <dtml-in sequence-item>
>       <P><dtml-var sequence_item>
> </dtml-in >

Ok... someone may have already answered this, but here's my guess.  (Yes,
this is untried, sorry :)

<dtml-in "sqlQueryBlah()">
  <dtml-in sequence-item>
    <dtml-var sequence-key> = <dtml-var sequence-item>
  </dtml-in>
</dtml-in>

> which give me the values but not the names, and looked through lots of the
> old msgs.

I'm certain this was tackled some time in the past, but yeh, searching the
list logs can sometime be suprisingly fruitless.

> Thanks in advance if anyone can help

glad i could help. (o8

--
Have a better one,