[Zope] soft references again

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 17:40:01 GMT

Jerome Alet:

> > That seems like a lot of separate properties when all you need is 2.
> >
> > 1. Start Time
> > 2. End Time
> >
> > Both date properties. Then you can turn them into any format you want.
> > (minutes/seconds/week of the year)
>
> OK, but now what I want to now is how to allow a the persons who will add
> events to the calendar to type in a datetime format. They are really dumb
> (I know I am dumb too). What I've made is two scroll list (four in fact),
> one for the hours from 00 to 23 and one for the minutes (00, 15, 30, 45).
>
> How can I convert my four input strings, to two datetime values of the
> same date but with  different times.

You don't need to change you UI, just piece it together like so

untested:

<dtml-call "propertysheets.MyProperties.manage_changeProperties(
            start_date=REQUEST['passed_in_day']+' '+ REQUEST['begin_hour']
+ ':' + REQUEST['begin_minute'],
	    end_date=...same stuff...
            )">

Zope will try to convert it to a date type for you.

> no event will be (until someone asks for it of course) accross multiple
> days.

They never ask up front do they? :(

> What I'm planning to do is to put a link on each day number in the
> calendar if the user has the authorisation to modify, then this link will
> bring them to the GenericEvent_addForm passing it the current date as a
> parameter.
>
> >   Check out the DateTime formats here:
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/ZQR/zqr/HTMLversion
>
> I'll look at this. I've printed this doc some days ago.
>
> > Yep, use a FieldIndex.
>
> what should I use with calendar_day ?

Same

> > But remember when you are asking for DateTime
> > object equivilancy you must be exact.  Time Zone and all.  What you have
>
> Ok, now I know because this didn't work when I tried this morning. Thanks
> again.
>
> > Hope I haven't confused you further. ;)
>
> I think I'd preferred the longer version of your message :-))
>
> However I think I've understood a little more. Now I have to begin a new
> cycle of: code, test, ask_to_Jason^H^H^H^H^HZope mailing list.

Someone helped me once too.  And you'll help someone one day.

open-sourcely-yours,

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com