[Zope] Fw: [Zope] how do I get field names from a query

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 13:33:13 -0500

I am reposting since I realized that I had some extraneous code on the end of my original dtml.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Sanford <jsanford@atinucleus.com>
To: Curtis Maloney <curtis@umd.com.au>; Zope List <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] how do I get field names from a query

You need an external method to get the dictionary object that has the field names mapped to column number

Here is the external method:
---------------------------------
def doPySQL(self, zQry) :
    tvar1 = 'res=self.'+zQry
    exec tvar1
    return res._schema.items()
Here is a dtml document that uses the external method:
(getRes is what I call the external method in Zope)
This was for proof of idea - it is not pretty
<dtml-with "_.namespace(t1=getRes('Your_Query_Here()'))">
<dtml-var "_.len(t1)"> Columns<br>
<dtml-var "_.str(t1)" html_quote><br><br>
<dtml-in t1>
<dtml-var "_.str(_['sequence-key'])"> = <dtml-var "_.str(_['sequence-item'])"><br>
</dtml-in>
</dtml-with>