[Zope] Re:GoLive

Christopher J. Kucera ckucera@globalcrossing.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 08:31:09 -0600

tom smith wrote:
> I think there's a trick where dtml files can be saved as index.html,
> and then you create a method that redirects index_html or
> /whatever/wherever/ to index.html in the same folder, but I'm not
> sure how to do that.

That should be pretty easy . . .  Zope will let you add objects that
have dots in the titles, so just put a method "index_html" in the
root folder which has the following line:

  <dtml-var index.html>

Then wherever there is "index.html", it will be displayed as the
default document (go Acquisition!).

Note that using a ".html" in files will make things a bit tricky
sometimes when coding Python statements, because in python, "index.html"
is looking for a property (or whatever) "html" in the object "index,"
which isn't going to exist, so you've got to be a bit cagey . . .

-CJ