[Zope] redirect on Authorization

Spicklemire, Jerry Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:50:32 -0500

Daniel says:

> We have a very large site and many of Users bookmark pages.
> This can cause several problems especially if the site layout
> changes, security changes at different levels and a user
> bookmarks a result pages that depends on previous page(s)
> submissions.

Yes, it's easy to redirect to a "front page" upon authentication,
but what's to keep the user from hitting the bookmark again,
after signing on?

The real question is, "How can we keep users from bookmarking
dynamic pages?". It may be frustrating, but this is something
that will haunt us as long as browsers have a bookmark button.

Worse, the browser cache, and higher levels of caching (e.g.
Squid), are clueless and will obliviously serve up expired pages.
You need to be very diligent to include metatags on every
dynamic page to explicitly prevent caching!

The only answer I can come up with is to include checking for
valid prerequisites, and redirect the user to the starting
point of each process when they ask for the last page first.

An interesting problem, which I haven't got a canned answer for.

Later,
Jerry S.