[Zope] ZMySQLDA troubles

Shelley Strik shelleys@lambton.on.ca
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:33:13 -0500 (EST)

This is my problem that I have been having.  I am trying to install the
database adapter from MYSQL to Zope.  I downloaded the ZMySQLDA from the
zope webpage.  I then downloaded the Mysqldb from the zope web page.  I
installed both.  It didn't work.  After much trials and tribulations I
found I didn't have the mysql librarys installed.  I do now.  I have work
through a lot of errors and have found myself stuck at this one
place.  The error message that I am getting when I try to start Zope is

2000-11-04T16:18:14 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't import Products.ZMySQLDA
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/opt/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py,
line 39
7, in import_products
    (Object: string)
  File
/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/__init__.
py, line 106, in ?
  File
/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/opt/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py, li
ne 108, in ?
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py, line 106, in ?
ImportError: /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/opt/zope/lib/python/_mysqlmodule.so: unde
fined symbol: PyObject_Init

I have tryed everything that I can think of and was hoping someone else
might have had the same problem.  If anyone can help me out it would be
appreciated.

I am running MySQL 3.22.32, Redhat Linux 5.2, Python 2.0 and Zope the
latest version of Zope.

Any suggest will be appreciated.

Shelley Strik