[Zope] newbie

Max M. Stalnaker stalnaker@acm.org
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 17:20:09 -0800

I decided to devote the weekend to installing a web server on my win2k pro
box and bringing a site up.  I chose zope because I needed to have some
database stuff and I know python.  Zope seemed a good fit and it is
advertised as simple to administrate.  I have installed a few IIS sites for
clients.

I observe that you support win NT, but at this point, I am not sure if you
support win2k?

My problem is whenever I try to use to management console, as to add a
directory named for my domain, to start out on the content developer
tutorial, I get a message something like superuser cannot own object.
Although I have tried a few things, at the moment my zope account is the
Administrator, since that seems like a good superuser account.  I claim I am
logged in as another user on the win2k box, who is a member of the
administrator group.

Reading the Admistrative doc, this sounds a bit like the web server is not
passing authetication information, but at the moment I claim I have only
Zserver running.  I had installed apache, but decided I did not need this
and the doc suggested I needed to do a few extra steps to get started, and I
only have a meg pipe anyway, so I stopped apache and let ZServer start as a
systems process?

I hope someone kind will shed some light on my difficulty.