[Zope] Zope for medium/large sites

Tiago Antão tra@fct.unl.pt
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 02:13:55 +0000 (WET)

Hi!

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:

bill.a> >   The question is: Is zope up to this?
bill.a>
bill.a> Depends, would your site(s) be read-intensive, or write-intensive?

  We still don't know because the system now in production does not allow
the same order of magnitude of dynamic content. But we're almost sure
it'll remain read-intensive.

bill.a> If you have the hardware:
bill.a>  o a dedicated SQL server to hold member authentication data

  We've Oracle as the backend.

bill.a>  o a dedicated ZSS, or two running in failover
bill.a>  o multiple ZEO Clients to support end-users, preferably behind
bill.a>    some Linux Virtual Server failover/load balancing setups

  We've a High Availability architecture with more that 10 machines, a
raid box, etc... We're thinking precisely in ZEO...

bill.a> That should be able to handle pretty much what you describe with ease.

 BTW, Do you know of any site with more than 100000 registered users and
lots of hits using zope?

Best regards,
Tiago