[Zope] catalog DTML Document

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:52:39 +0100

On 7 Nov 2000, 10:37  Chris Withers wrote:

> Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> > There is a How-To "Adding ZClass Instances Programmatically",
> > and a lot of gobbledigoop about when, how and why. But I haven't
> > found anything about how to "index" or "reindex" a plain and simple
> > DTML Document.
>
> In Python:
>
> your_catalog.catalog_object(your_dtml_document,your_dtml_document.abso
> lute_url())

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

> This sort of thing shouldn't be done in DTML! :P

Of course not! I prefer Python to DTML (and dislike ZClasses for that
reason) for more than the most simple programming tasks, anyway.

But it comes handy for trying something out.

Btw, shouldn't that be

In DTML:

<dtml-var "myCatalog.catalog_object(myItem,
    '/'+myItem.absolute_url(relative=1))">
?

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include