[Zope] Dump .zexp export to readable source?

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:00:15 +0000

In article <7BD10B680501D411B9DF009027E06F32197AD5@exchange>, Max Møller
Rasmussen <maxm@normik.dk> writes
>From: Alex Khan [mailto:Alex.Khan@gov.ab.ca]
>
>>I can probably learn more from reading other people's code than by reading
>>the fragmented documentation.
>>I can do this easily with products but not zexp's. Thanks in advance...
>
>zClasses are not written in Python so there is no code to see. Except fot
>the dtml code and you can see that when you have imported a zClass product.
>
>Regards Max M

I disagree strongly. Many of the useful coding tools need line oriented
Ascii text; where is diff or grep for my ZClass code. The XML export
form would do except that the differences caused by ordering/numbering
mean that diff reports many irrelevant differences. Zope loses by not
having a decent external storage mechanism for its programming.
--
Robin Becker