[Zope] XML-RPC

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 00:16:58 +0200

David Nimmons wrote:

> I am trying to develop a web based interface to automation equipment (Allen
> Bradley plc's in this case) to use for an operator interface. I am using
> SVG to develop graphics and want to use javascript to manipulate the
> graphics based on data from the plc. I am looking for a way to pull more
> data from the server without having to reload the page. My question is will
> XML-RPC allow this. Or does Zope have some other mechanism that would allow
> this. Thanks for any help.

Actually this is mainly a client-side problem, on server side you have
total
freedom to serve any protocol ;)

Often this kind of problem is solved by having twho frames and data is
aquired
by reloading the "data-page" which then manipulates the
"presentation-page"
using javascript, possibly in its onLoad method.

Hannu