[Zope] Newbie help - method needs auth > anonymous. WHY?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:31:57 +0100 (CET)

jvoth@mobiltex.com writes:
 >    <dtml-in objectValues>
 >      <li><dtml-var id></li>
 >    </dtml-in>
 >
 > I've put it in the standard_html_header.
 >
 > When I try looking at the root page (http://john:8080) I have to provide
 > authentication before the page will display.
 >
 > How can I alter the permissions so that an anonymous user doesn't
 > have to log in?
Either one of the objects does not want to be accessed
or there is one that can be accessed but does not provide
access to "id".

In the first case, you could add the argument "skip_unauthorized"
to the "dtml-in" tag. This would simply skip the objects
you should not see (quite nice).

The second case is a bit more difficult.
You would either need to allow "id" access (i.e. 'View') for "Annonymous"
(for the refusing object) or give your method a proxy role
with appropriate privileges.

For your simple example, however, you can recode to avoid
these troubles:

      <dtml-in objectIds>
        <li><dtml-var sequence-item>
      </dtml-in>