[Zope] querying status in zsql

Paul Zwarts paul.zwarts@oratrix.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:26:19 +0100

Hi Zopers,

I have a processing script that takes emails and puts them into a table.
I bring up a table for confirmation and then submit the whole thing by a
iterative item:records zsql method.

My problem is that the table requires a unique primary key and quite
regularly there duplicates. So ofcourse it falls over with the expected
error. I have tried in the zsql method encapsulating the sql with a
<dtml-if "checkforexistantrecord"> and then at the bottom of the zsql
loop I commit so make sure the second time around, the data is checked.
This does not seem to work.

So what im left with wondering is, if I can query in the zsql method:
if error, then exit or go somewhere else

Is this possible? sorry to be very vague. The conundrum is the fact that
the zsql method it an item loop in its own, so i cannot seem to use an
if statement because it doesnt iterate by the normal <dtml-in> route....

Any advice?

TIA,

--
Paz