[Zope] Can Zope use a Different Python?

Ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 05:17:33 -0800

Hi

i'm not sure exactly whats being asked here. zope on linux doesn't
include its own python interpreter. you can choose which one executes
zope and its external methods by specifing the interpreter binary in the
start.py. its quite possible that your installing third party modules
into the distros python in /usr/bin/python, in which case if zope's
using /usr/local/bin/python you won't see them and you'll get import
errors. if this is the case copying the third party modules into
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages will solve the import errors, or moving
the modules into the zope_dir/lib/python/ (or perhaps a subdirectory
with an init) might do the trick. if you specifically want to run
something through a custom python interp from zope you might need to use
os.popen2 (or variant) in an external method, or setup sometype of
interprocess communication via xml-rpc or an rdbms or shared file, etc.

hope that helps

kapil