[Zope] Zope and Windows DB's = NOT! ?

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:38:34 +0100

> hi,
>
> is anybody successfully using a Windows DB such as MS SQL
> server 7 with Zope?
>
> it seems that the ODBC adaptor is ancient and very error
> prone .... so can i conclude that Zope and DB integration
> under windows is not an option?

In general, the ODBC adapter may be old, but it works well and generally
without problems in my experience. In the Zope Book it's even claimed
that it's commercially supported! The point is just that it's single
threaded. If you need to use SQL Server 7 there also is a mxODBC
adapter, that claimed to be multithreaded. I don't know about its status
right now.

Rik