[Zope] Zope and Windows DB's = NOT! ?

Mark Pratt mpratt@beehive.de
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:56:53 +0100 (CET)

hi rik,

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> In general, the ODBC adapter may be old, but it works well and generally
> without problems in my experience.

wow. we've had exactly the opposite experience and judging
by my informal discussions with other Zope users at the
Systems 2000 convention in Munich -- so have others.

> In the Zope Book it's even claimed that it's commercially
> supported!

guess i should take a look at that book again.

> The point is just that it's single
> threaded.

like i said ancient ....

> If you need to use SQL Server 7 there also is a mxODBC
> adapter, that claimed to be multithreaded. I don't know
> about its status right now.

this was an option we discussed at systems. this adaptor
seems to be continually improved and well supported.

regards,

mark

mark pratt  (managing director) 	mark@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299