[Zope] Deleted product breaks SQL_Method Advanced tab - How to fix?

seb bacon
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:05:38 +0000

> How can I remove this object from the zodb? How do I find it?
>
> Any idea why SQL_Method even cares about this?

there was a longish thread about this recently (search for something like 'Data.fs corrupted?!').  the upshot was, i think, that products that haven't been written carefully can cause problems like this because they don't get cleaned up from the DB when they're erased.  seemingly random relationships between products (like yours) are often reported but rarely investigated.  the possible solutions suggested were:

1) truncate your FileStorage (yuk)
2) reinstall the offending product, then go into the ZODB via the debugger, and do some surgery (yuk)
3) export all your objects, get a fresh Data.fs, reimport them (yuk)