[Zope] Search and replace

Lee Hunter lee.hunter@hum.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:42:01 -0500

Kapil wrote:

> that would like to see this changed.  Building such an interface with
> gnome or kde would be possible, indeed there are already efforts
> underway to do both. But to create a cross-platform solution really
> needs... Mozilla. Sadly, the ZopeMoz projects appears to be dead,
> hopefully developer interest can be generated in reviving it after
> ActiveState releases the python bindings to XPCOM (which should be
> soon).

Wasn't there some talk of using Radio Userland (formerly Pike) as an
interface to Zope? It's too bad that Userland has made the very odd decision
to broaden RU into a music sharing gizmo - it really lost focus after that
point. But at least it still offers my beloved search and replace and a few
other basic editing tools.

On the other hand I actually *like* the Zope management interface - in fact,
so far I've found it to be very easy to understand and a total pleasure to
use. It just doesn't offer some things that I must have - features that
would probably be hard to incorporate into a browser interface.

Regards

Lee Hunter
Hum Communications Ltd.