[Zope] Objection to Python Script Name

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 21:10:11 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Chris Withers wrote:

> Chris Gray wrote:
> >
> > I know, I know.  It's a little late to speak up, but I think there is a
> > logical objection to this name:  inconsistency with "DTML Method" and
> > "ZSQL Method".
>
> These are old, horrible and will hopefully be re-thought and given
> different names ;-)

Ouch ;)

I had already made my point when the last poll was taking place.
Renaming the XY Methods will break all documentation, how-tos, snippets,
whatever. After all the traffic the mismatch of the ZB and non-CVS Python
Methods has created, I really do not want to even imagine the flood of
"My system does not have XY Methods" posts.

Hey, we are still using things like bobobase_modification_time...

Stefan