[Zope] [SybDA]Connection : how does it work ?

Tony Moutaux tony.moutaux@titus.u-strasbg.fr
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:39:13 +0100

Hello,

I am running Zope 2.1.6 under Linux/RH6.2 on a PC. The Sybase server is
version 11.9.2 on a Solaris station with DNS name "sybstat" on port 2040
(or sybase server name "sybtest") and the database is named "picsou".
When I try filling in the form to add a new Sybase DA connection, the
result is always: Invalid connection string. I have try with this
parameters :
1-database: picsou, password: mypasswd, server: sybstat, user: myuser
2-database: picsou, password: mypasswd, server: sybstat:2040, user:
myuser
But this give the same answer ...

On Linux, I have the libraries, include files and all running client for
Sybase and I can run isql from my PC on the Sybase server on the solaris
station very well using the parameters of the (2-) set. So the
connection to the Sybase server seems to work ...

How could I check what happens inside Zope, or am I mistaken for the
parameters values ?

Thanks for any help.
Tony