[Zope] ZClass within ZClass

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:33:13 -0600

Daryl Stultz wrote:

> Hi folks, I am yet another Zope newbie.
>
> I am trying to create a ZClass hierarchy.
> Let's say I have a CDLibrary. Every CDLibrary has a CDManager (just one)
> and the CDManger holds all the CDEntry items. (The CDLibrary may have
> parts other than the CDManager, like a label maker or something- but
> that's not important now...)
>
> My question is this: How do I set up such a product with ZClasses within
> ZClasses. I have the HOW-TO collection, the ZBook, the Zope Book and the
> Guides. I've tried the HOW-TO on ZClasses and ObjectManagers, and Adding
> ZClass Instances Programmatically with no success.
>
> I am an experienced Python programmer with strong object-oriented
> knowledge and good HTML.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This may just be 'any help'. <g>

But, If you subclass OFS:Folder when building CDLibrary and
CDManager then they can 'contain' other objects.
A HOWTO that really helped me was the one on building a Job
Board.

HTH,
-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://FreePM.com
Office: (901) 884-4126
Censorship: The reaction of the ignorant to freedom.