[Zope] ZClass within ZClass

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 15:24:16 -0600

Daryl Stultz wrote:

> Tim Cook wrote:
>
> > But, If you subclass OFS:Folder when building CDLibrary and
> > CDManager then they can 'contain' other objects.
> > A HOWTO that really helped me was the one on building a Job
> > Board.
>
> Yes, that's precisely where I started, however, the actual product is a
> job_board_entry. What I want is a product that IS the entire job board,
> contains an object that is a job_board_entry manager (holds the entries)
> and then, the user creates job_board_entries.
>
> In the example, the job board itself, and the "manager" are done with
> folders. Following the ZCMG example (Stan's InstantSite), I can clone
> such a setup - but I don't get full class modification cascading, i.e.,
> once it's duplicated, only changes to the job_board_entry class will
> carry through existing job boards.

You might want to take a look at how I built the FreePMProduct.
The product contains several ZClasses.
One example is an EMRClass (electronic medical record) it
subclasses OFS:Folder
Inside the EMR I can instantiate several of the other ZClasses.
Such as a Consult or an Address.
Some of those subclass Folder and some Document, depending on
it's actual use.
A change to one of these ZClasses cascades through all existing
instances.

Is that not what you are trying to do?

-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://FreePM.com
Office: (901) 884-4126
Censorship: The reaction of the ignorant to freedom.