[Zope] CURRENT MEMBERSHIP PRODUCT IS COOL -- was: [Zope] LoginManager / Membership / ZODB as UserSource

Danny William Adair Danny@Adair.net
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:00:57 +0100

Hi Dirk Dirksen ;-)

In my implementation I wanted to avoid MySQL and thelike, because they would
have only served as "user sources" for the site's membership functionality
and that's it (and I wasn't talking about Ks of users...). So I considered
this O.D., and tried to get a ZODB based membership up and running. Well,
here we are - see below. Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with
hooking up MySQL to the current Membership/LM/ZPatterns trio. And now that
the membership product has become a ZODB drop-in solution for me, I guess
now there's no reason for me to go at that. I'd rather go for new methods to
enhance the product's features. (there has been more than one proposal for
this on this list)

Sorry with that one. Charlie E Wilkinson is probably your man (check the
mail archives).

CU+Prost,

     .oO( "Du konntest mal einen bauen" )
Danny