[Zope] Factoids for supporting zope

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:34:11 -0500 (EST)

   From: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@digicool.com>
   Cc: <zope@zope.org>
   Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:41:50 -0500

   >    > Our client thought that the recent VC money was about 1/2 what would
   >    > be needed to make it fly. My argument is that money is leveraged by
   >    > the active Zope community so a crux in my logic is how strong this
   >    > community is.
   >
   >    1/2 of what would be needed to make it fly with Zope?  Or 1/2 of what
   would
   >    be needed with any app server?
   >

   > Since they come from a non Zope context it would be from the general
   > position and the onus is on me to bring in the Zope context in the
   > construction of my argument.

   Ah.  Well, my opinion is that it'd be fairly dangerous to make the assertion
   that (as great as they both are) Zope and the Zope community can "make up
   for" the other half of the capital they need to develop the software they
   want.  So what's the decision they're trying to make?  Whether to develop at
   all?

Whether to go with portal products from Plumtree or iPlanet.