[Zope] Finding PARENTS in an external method.

michael angelo ruberto michaelangelo@webmind.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:19:05 -0500

hi, Max

i tried this and it works. the output is pretty ugly if you return it to
Zope though. maybe someone knows how to clean it up.

def index(self, PARENTS, REQUEST):
n = PARENTS[0].objectItems(['File','DTML Document','Folder','ListMate','DTML
Method'])

	n.sort()
	#n.reverse()
return n

this example just sorts the list and sends it back. you can remove the
sorting code. i named this method index_list and called it as such:

<dtml-var "index_list(PARENTS, REQUEST)">

Michael Angelo Ruberto
Webmaster, Webmind Inc.
www.webmind.com

ps: if you run this example look at the HTML source for results page. you
should see something interesting like this:

('C_document', <DTMLDocument instance at 012E44E0>),