[Zope] XMLRPC:XML Compressors - anybody experienced it?

Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:52:32 -0500 (CDT)

    Philipp> Did anybody play with XML compressors for Zope or at least have
    Philipp> a hint how to do that?

I use a slightly modified version of Fredrik Lundh's xmlrpclib.py module
that will often use zlib compression to compress responses.  Running over a
wide area network such as the Internet I've seen speedups of as much as
5-to-1.  Instructions and my current version of xmlrpclib.py are available
from my Python Bits page:

    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/

I believe it is a drop-in replacement for Zope's version, though note that
my code has other mods as well (in particular, it specifies the encoding as
Latin-1 for all requests and responses).  You should compare it with the
versions distributed with Zope or by PythonWare to decide what changes you
want to incorporate in your own system.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@mojam.com)
http://www.mojam.com/