[Zope] XMLRPC:XML Compressors - anybody experienced it?

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:52:40 +0200

--=====_97036516041=_

Since XML blows lots of overhead over the line sending large amounts of
data via XML becomes a performance question.

There exist XML-compressors, for example XMill that address this problem.

What I need is integrating such an XML compressor into the Zope XMLRPC=
 mechanism,
Before I do something that is already done by somebody else:

Did anybody play with XML compressors for Zope or at least have a hint how=
 to do that?

thanks

--=====_97036516041=_

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: x-small"
text=#000000>
<DIV>Since XML blows lots of overhead over the line sending large amounts
of</DIV>
<DIV>data via XML becomes a performance question.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There exist XML-compressors, for example XMill that address this
problem.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What I need is integrating such an XML compressor into the Zope XMLRPC
mechanism, </DIV>
<DIV>Before I do something that is already done by somebody else:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Did anybody play with XML compressors for Zope or at least have a hint how
to do that?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=====_97036516041=_--