[Zope] SiteRoot

Stephan Goeldi stephan.goeldi@datacomm.ch
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 09:06:31 GMT

I have a problem with SiteAccess:

My site runs with Apache and Zope 2.0.0.
Apache has 2 Domains:

www.domain1.com
ProxyPass to Zope:
http://123.123.123.123:8080/provider/www/domain1.com/
in Zope exists:
/provider/www/domain1.com

www.domain2.com
ProxyPass to Zope:
http://123.123.123.123:8080/provider/www/domain2.com/
in Zope exists:
/provider/www/domain2.com

In both subdirectories (domain1.com and domain2.com) exist the SiteRoot
method. In the SiteRoot method is written:
Title: www.domain1.com
Base:  http://www.domain1.com

When I point my Browser to www.domain1.com everything works ok.

Now I create /provider/www/domain2.com
OK
I create the acl_user domain2.com with a password.
OK
I create a SiteRoot:
Title: www.domain2.com
Base:  http://www.domain2.com
path:  /
OK

I restart Zope and Apache
OK

Now when I point my Browser to www.domain2.com I get the Website of
www.domain1.com. I go to http://www.domain2.com/manage and get the folder:
/provider/www/domain1.com instead of /provider/www/domain2.com

When I log in as domain1.com I get the folder
/provider/www/domain1.com and everything works ok. But I can go up to the
folder
/provider/www and see what else is in this folder. But domain1.com has no
access to this folder, i.e. there is no acl_user in this folder.

What goes wrong?

I already tried to upgrade to 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 but this destroys the data
structure.

Any suggestions?

TIA
-goe-