[Zope] 'Offline' mailhost

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:19:31 +0100

Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Perhaps it would be better to solve this by configuring your sendmail
> (or other SMTP MTA) to be non-blocking, i.e. store-and-forward.

Can you tell me how to set that up with exim?

> Also you could send just one message to all the recipients instead of
> sending individual messages.

Urm, they could be pretty unfriendly mail messages if they're being sent
to a coupla thousand people. The bandwidth dcoming out of your server
alone would be far higher than it needed to be :-(

> > I wonder how mailman does this stuff and if the code could be borrowed
> > for Zope?
>
> Maybe you could just use mailman as MTA, greating temporary
> mailing-lists.

Any how-to's for this or how hard it would be to set up?

cheers,

Chris