[Zope] Access Control vs Publishing Protocol

Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:06:02 +0100

> It seems like this can be handled rather well by simply
> adding a 'XML-RPC access', a 'SOAP access' and a 'WebDAV
> access' set of permissions. we already have a 'FTP access'
> permission  which works fine.

Not quite.....

That permission controls several methods that are particularly useful for
FTP (indeed, you cant do FTP without them). However you could also call
those methods using xml-rpc, soap, or ZPublisher (or, not, depending on the
whether you have the 'FTP access' permission).

Your suggestion makes sense for WebDAV which, like FTP, only uses a small
set of methods. I dont think its appropriate for a more flexible protocol
like xml-rpc, soap, or ZPublisher.