[Zope] Odd SQL errors- HELP

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:53:30 +1000

+-------[ Jon Franz ]----------------------

| +-------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| | Field | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| I think its a 'mapping error' where the ZmySQLDA doesn't properly map
| this type of field for some reason... can someone help me solve this
| problem?

The problem is likely to be your mediumint field, which is probably not
mapped to a python type.

You should let us know what version of MySQL DA you have.
Also be aware that the DA is not a part of Zope, and has been contributed
by a 3rd party.

Anyway if you want to have a crack at fixing it, look in the
ZMySQLDA directory in a file called db.py. You could add an entry with

"medium int":"i"

or permutations of the above. (You can test it I can't, so little point in
me doing it when its this simple).

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |