[Zope] Newbie question : ZopeTime & permissions

Aaron Straup Cope asc@vineyard.net
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:47:08 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, it was a misunderstanding regarding basic user permissions and the
Anonymous role on my part.

I did not want to allow the Anonymous role *any* permissions, and the
site I am working in is contained in a folder beneath the root Zope
folder.

The problem was that I had disabled the "Access contents
information" privilege for the Anonymous user (whose permissions I forgot
are inherited by all other users) at the root level, thus preventing Joe
User from being able to access internals(?) like
ZopeTime even if [it] had permissions at a sub-directory level.

If I've got it wrong, I would be grateful if someone would correct
me. Otherwise, I hope that helps other newbies who find themselves in a
similar situation.