[Zope] Quoting

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:39:36 +0200 (CEST)

Chris Withers writes:
 > Seb Bacon wrote:
 > >
 > > > <dtml-var something cookie_quote> Quote all characters not allowed in a
 > > > cookie
 > >
 > > wouldn't <dtml-var something url_quote> do the job?
 >
 > Dunno... Dieter?
I reread the cookie spec:

	in cookie values forbidden are: semi-colon, comma and white space

These are not the characters handled by "url_quote".

 > That reminds me, it's silly that there's not <dtml-something url_unquote>,
 > so I patched my zope to provide it....

You, usually, will not need an "url_unquote".
You use "url_quote" when you construct part of an URL.
This URL will already have been decoded when you get it back in Zope (i.e.
the unquote is done automatically for you).

Dieter