[Zope] Re: Upload just file headers?

Seb Bacon sebbacon@email.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:51:39 +0100

Hmm, well you certainly can't do it at the browser side.

A well-formed HTTP header should contain a content-length attribute which
you can examine.  However, deciding whether to accept the file or not would
I imagine not be possible inside zope since the whole POST operation is
handled by ZServer, so you probably have to write a cgi script to do it.
For example, if you wanted to stick with python, you could use the cgi
module.  You'd examine the header, and if you were happy, you could pass on
the data in a new POST to zope.  If you were unhappy, you could return a
value from the cgi.

This is all off the top of my head, and I'm sure there must be a nicer way
of doing it than that.  It's not nice having it all outside zope.  but it
should be a start, at least.

seb