[Zope] LocalFS on Win2k

Diny van Gool dvg@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:05:37 +0200

Hi,

I had the same error with LocalFS on a NT 4.0 server. In my case it was a
security problem. Zope wasn't allowed to access the directory I used. Now I
placed my local files in a directory Zope is allowed to read and everything
is working fine.

Diny

At 18:11 11-10-00 -0400, Patrick Randerson wrote:

>I'm trying to run LocalFS on Win2K, and access shared disks. I've read the
>instructions for the LocalFS package and followed them...
>When I try to access the LocalFS directory, I get:
>
>Error Type: OSError
>Error Value: [Errno 5] Input/output error
>
>I'm thinking this is a python-windows interface problem. I have Zope
>2.2.2, which seems to come with PyWin build 128. I have found a build 132,
>but I can't install it because I don't have python installed -- only
>standalone Zope.
>
>Anybody using LocalFS to access shared drives on Win2k?
>I would love some pointers here...

DIVA, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Utrecht University,  The Netherlands
http://www.vet.uu.nl