[Zope] REQUEST.set size

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) amador@alomega.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:53:09 -0500

--------------245C6E38D0EACB6D5EC5D549

maybe you should try to put your data in a list or a dictionary.  Anyone
can help with the syntax?  I can't remember... =)
Paul Zwarts wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Zope but worked for 2 years in a dev-env called Uniface so
> Im fairly up to speed on Zope quickly. But I am having a problem writing
> data through a REQUEST.set that is larger than its apparent limit.
> (sorry can remember the exact error i get from Zope)
>
> What I am trying to do is collect in a field a large list of emails that
> are gathered in a dtml-in statement with a REQUEST.set('all', all +
> email) nested in the loop. While appending the namespace to store the
> data in PGSQL, i always get the size error which i assume is coming from
> the publisher saying that a the request can only have a byte size of
> 1800 bytes or so.
>
> Im not so hot with straight SQL because Uniface had its own methods, so
> Im not sure if I can append data directly to a stored field or if I need
> to continue trying to use the REQUEST.set. After the hundreth occurence
> in the IN, the namespace I use to store the appended data, so I cannot
> fully make a list of 2000 occurences. Any ideas?
>
> Sorry, no code to show what Im doing but it should be pretty easy to
> understand for all you veterans out there...
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Paz
> Oratrix Development BV
> http://www.oratrix.com
> GRiNS SMIL Editor
> -

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)

--------------245C6E38D0EACB6D5EC5D549

maybe you should try to put your data in a list or a dictionary.&nbsp;
Anyone can help with the syntax?&nbsp; I can't remember... =)
so
that
from
so