[Zope] strange <dtml-sendmail> problem

Erik Myllymaki erik@pacific-shores.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:11:35 -0700

This is a DTML_Method I call from my standard_error_message:

<dtml-sendmail mailhost="MailHost">
To: Webmaster <<dtml-var webstaff>>
From: ZopeServer <<dtml-var zopeserveraddress>>
Subject: Problem at <dtml-var URL>

Error Type: <dtml-var error_type>
Error Value: <dtml-var error_value>
Error Msg: <dtml-var error_message>

<dtml-in "REQUEST.items()">
<dtml-var sequence-key>: <dtml-var sequence-item>
</dtml-in>
</dtml-sendmail>

I call it like this: <dtml-var send_errors>

The mail is sent appropriately including all the REQUEST items, but the page
that is calling this DTML_Method never finishes downloading.

It seems that the loop through the REQUEST items causes page rendering to
hang? After several minutes, stopping the page download brings up a
*transfer interupted* message and only then do I see the bottom of the page.

If I leave this out:

<dtml-in "REQUEST.items()">
<dtml-var sequence-key>: <dtml-var sequence-item>
</dtml-in>

...it works well.

Thanks for you help.

--